Saturday 10 November 2012

Time to walk tall


As A.A. Milne aptly wrote, 

"When I was one I'd just begun,
When I was two I was nearly new,
When I was three I was hardly me,
When I was four I was not much more,
When I was five I was barely alive,
But now I am six! As clever as clever!
And I think I'll stay six now for ever and ever!"

Our IT Services is now six years old and it's time to walk tall. 

At the start it was about professionalising, setting up the Project Support Office and the Service Desk, implementing ITIL disciplines, benchmarking costs, building a governance framework…..

Then it was about modernising the infrastructure  so we could run it efficiently, reducing risk, information security policy…...

Now at last, we can become the trusted IT partner we always envisaged, helping the University to create a digital campus in which students and staff can be productive and creative as possible as they learn, teach, do research and run the organisation.  This is going to be a lot more fun.

It was so useful to hear from Gartner this week that this is the common experience of many, and the pace for us hasn't been any more painfully slow than their's.

No comments:

Post a Comment